How much search engine optimization (SEO) costs depends on the service provider’s payment model. On average, though, the cost of SEO in 2022 ranges from £550 to £1500 per month, £60 to £150 per hour, or £3800 to £23000 per project.
SEO or search engine optimization is a marketing strategy to bring your website in the top results of a search engine result page, also called SERP. For many business owners, the question arises that how much does SEO cost? This is a very subjective question. The answer depends on the following factors –
- Are you a small, medium or large size business
- Which type of website do you have
- Are you willing to hire an inhouse SEO specialist or are you looking to outsource your SEO to an agency
The more favored design for SEO pricing, is to budget it in as a monthly expense.
This seems to work the best for most companies. The price increases depending on the requirements of your particular business.
Let’s look at the budget break according to your business size :
1. Small Local Area Businesses How much does SEO cost? For a local small business who may want to get better reviews on Yelp, Google my business or similar sites, the cost usually starts at £350 a month. It is worth mentioning to beware of purchasing SEO marketing for less than £350 per month.
2. Small Business If you own a small business, one of your priority questions is going to be how much, is SEO going to be worth investing – how much does it cost? As you have a lot of other things to worry about including insurance, overhead, and monthly bills, it is an understandable concern. The cost for a small business to compete with their competitors and to budget accordingly is usually from £750 –£3800 a month. This is a large range, but don’t forget that SEO has undeniable long term benefits. Your priority should be better rankings quicker for your most competitive keywords which will directly generate more traffic and they naturally will cost more. If you go for lower range of the scale the rankings can be expected for less competitive keywords which in turn might not even be worth the investment.
3. Mid-Size Business A mid-sized or medium in size business will require a higher value per month if you are wondering how much SEO costs. The budget should range between £3800–£7500 per month. As compared to a small business the medium business is also expected to have more competitors already online! For this expense range you most likely will be working with a team of SEO content writers, editors, and other SEO specialists that have had a track record of ranking businesses on the top results!
4. Large Corporation How much does SEO cost for a large corporation? Costs per month for big business run in the £7500–£15000+ range per month. Here you can expect an account manager for your business who will come up with innovative strategies to not just optimise your SEO hygiene but also help you improve you site user experience. A bigger team at the right organisation will forecast the right plan for your business to increase ROI.
5. SEO Pay As You Go Each company will have different SEO needs due to a variety of differing variables such as your competition, your revenue, how large your website is, and if you are just starting out using SEO marketing or if you have been using these services for a while. If this is the case in which you fall, you may want to think about hiring SEO professionals which will usually provide SEO Services on an hourly basis at the rate of £100 to £200 per hour.
What can be done to improve your rankings and how much does it cost? GalaxieSoftware has been helping businesses rank and grow through SEO since 2018.Get a FREE custom proposal and quote now!